WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FOR?
If you’re looking for a job, you’ve come to the right place. If you’re looking for love in all the wrong places, well…sorry. Click below to learn more about what we’re hiring for.
Join our creative-driven agency in the heart of Boston. The ideal candidate will have 5-8 years of agency experience and a book that fills us with envy and self-loathing. Small Army has a good mix of both B2B and B2C clients with the opportunity to work across lots of different mediums. While all creatives are supported by a super swell group of ACDs and CDs, you should be confident in both concepting and craft, i.e., you can come up with the big idea and then write the heck out of it. Please send a link to your portfolio ASAP so we can start judging, err… reviewing your work.
What You Need
- An adaptable voice to support the unique needs of different brands-from very technical to humorous and heartfelt.
- Demonstrated ideation/concepting skills
- Experience working across a variety of mediums including digital, broadcast, radio, print and ambient/guerilla.
- 5-8 years of agency experience.
ACDs of copy take the lead in defining the creative strategic direction of storytelling campaigns and projects across a broad range of client products and services. Aside from demonstrating superior conceptual and creative writing skills, ACDs of copy recognize that great ideas can come from anywhere – and are consistently on the lookout for the best ones with a knack for developing them into big, beautiful, award winning creative that moves hearts and minds. Our ACDs are also teachers of the most compassionate kind. You’ll be looked upon to help mentor and develop our team of aspiring and talented creative men and women.
What You Need
- Lead the development of ground breaking creative concepts across all channels that reflect the agreed upon strategy, deliver on the moral and are on tone for the brand’s personality.
- Lead, teach and mentor the creative teams by being a living example of positivity, compassion, forward thinking, kindness, curiosity and creativity.
- Continually push for and inspire bold, surprising and groundbreaking creative for the agency and your team.
- Distill complexity into consumer friendly content in a variety of formats including long format, traditional media, broadcast, digital and social media.
- Write copy from concept through to completion based on input from client, agency team, and personal research.
- Manage a full plate of assignments across all channels (broadcast, print, direct, digital, etc.)
- Work closely with art directors, relationship management, and others within the agency to determine client needs.
- Present and sell through creative concepts and creative strategies to key stakeholders internally (within the agency) and to our clients.
- Help define problems when things get stuck and pro-actively lead your team to higher ground with smart solutions and a positive attitude.
- Participate in and contribute to new business activities of the agency, as assigned.
- Foster and build a team atmosphere, built on positive, productive working relationships.
We’re looking for a Digital Director at Small Army (A FINN Partners Company) to lead the implementation of digital marketing programs, be a hero among colleagues and clients, and create work that you’d be excited to tell your friends and family about. In this role, you will report to the CEO, while working collaboratively across all other agency departments to produce deliverables that help our clients build stronger relationships with their audiences. Opportunities for growth are potentially limitless, and yours to create.
WHAT YOU’D DO
- Responsible for executing our digital deliverables, including websites, landing pages, CMS, marketing automation, mobile apps, email, and display ads
- Work with the Relationship Management and Creative departments to guide digital strategy
- Deliver successful digital solutions clients big and small across a range of clients (from tech and healthcare to CPG and media)
- Solve all sorts of problems for all sorts of businesses and teams
- Never stop learning about new technologies and best practices
- Work with a team of smart, creative people who like to push boundaries, including third party partners
- Work collaborative to share best practices, ideas and resources across the entire FINN Partners organization
- Probably also pet a lot of dogs
What You Need
- A positive attitude and passion for working in an entrepreneurial, creative, and fun environment
- Experience galvanizing teams as you manage and lead digital projects (yeah, we don’t know who uses the word galvanizing, either)
- The ability to speak your mind and not be afraid of anything (except spiders, spiders are fine to fear)
- An ability to present to, manage and “wow” clients (and colleagues) with your knowledge, passion and collaborative approach
- An ability to communicate effectively among techies, marketing strategists and creative professionals alike (knowing that they often seem to speak different languages)
- 10+ years’ experience managing a range of digital projects (i.e., websites, apps, marketing automation and others), preferably in an agency environment
- Foundational technical knowledge/understanding of core technologies for digital programs including CMS’s, CRM systems and marketing automation tools
- Ability to scope projects and keep them within budget
- Able to oversee of business requirements and functional specs
- Experience working with creative departments to share best practices and help guide creative ideas
- The ability to overcome obstacles
Our goal at Small Army is for everyone to look forward to coming to work each, feel valued while they are here, and leave with a smile on their face. We’re not perfect, but we do everything we can to create that culture, including a range of perks and benefits that reward employees for their hard work, and build a collaborative, trusting and respected community.
If all that sounds good, we’d love to hear from you.
We are looking for a Brand Strategist who lives for research and uncovering data-driven insights. As part of the strategy team, you are an integral part of Small Army working cross-departmentally to help inform our strategies and inspire our creative.
This role will include work in brand monitoring, competitive research, social media analytics, social listening, and consumer journey/insight development.
It will also probably include a lot of candy.
What You Need
Rather than expecting our talent to be clearly defined with a list of qualifications, we look at a person’s unique individuality and experience to help define the role. But here is a quick overview of what some of what we expect from this role:
- 3-6 years working in a research or analyst position at an advertising or PR agency
- Able to research clients’ industries, their competitors, and emerging industry and cultural changes, to provide thought leadership on areas of opportunity.
- A passion for diving deep into audience research to provide insights on behaviors, trends, interests, and where they are most apt to listen.
- Presents strategies that answer client’s business goals, are at times unexpected and provide creative opportunity.
- Familiarity with research and data tools. We expect you to introduce new ones to us and have some experience with a few of the following: SEM Rush, Crimson Hexagon, Spotright, GA, Wonder, Statista, REV, Infegy, BuzzSumo, Demographics Pro, Global Web Index, NPS, Google Data Studio.
- Can look at data and see a story and provide recommendations on campaign improvements and optimizations.
- Comfortable discussing ideas and presenting them to Clients.
- Happy working with a fun bunch of creative types.
At Small Army, our interns get to do and see it all. From strategy and research, to working with creatives, to building client relationships, our relationship management interns gain real agency experience. Our interns are enthusiastic about any challenge and love being part of fun, growing ad agency. Think you have what it takes?
What You Need
Along with your resume, write (up to 500 words) or visually show us what your moral is, and how it will make you an invaluable part of Small Army.
All interns are paid and eligible for academic credit. Candidates that are the right fit for the position will be contacted for interviews.
We are looking for an Account Manager (or as we call them “Relationship Manager”) to help lead one of our more notable accounts. Our relationship management team walks the fine line between strategy and client management (a hybrid Account Planner/Account Manager) thus we’re looking for the super innovative/uber organized blend. We want you to help keep Clients on strategy, creative on brand, and marketing fresh. As an entrepreneur at heart, we’re looking for those who like to wear many hats and think on their feet. Thus, we love it when you bring ideas to the table that can help Clients (and the Agency) grow.
What you’d do:
- Build trust and relationship both internally and with Client.
- Keep it all together: manage budgets, projects, timelines to ensure everything keeps moving.
- Dive deep in your Client’s business and become an expert in their industry.
- Offer keen insights that help drive ideas.
- Work collaboratively and help draw consensus with those you work with.
- Mentor interns and those junior to you.
- Pet lots of dogs.
- Attend many social gatherings from free Friday lunches, to axe-throwing, to celebrations (we find a reason to celebrate often).
What You Need
- A minimum of 2 years (and no more than 4) working at an advertising agency (previous ad agency experience is a requirement).
- Experience working on a high-tech account (not a requirement but would be a nice plus).
- A deep desire to always want to learn.
- A passion for working with others and an attitude that keeps the team calm in the storm.
- An attitude of not being afraid to ask, “how can I help” or boldly say, “I can do more.”
Some perks working at Small Army:
- An open vacation policy.
- A fully stocked kitchen.
- Many company parties, events, and enrichment activities.
- A fun bunch of colleagues with an attitude of “we like to work here.”
- A work from home policy (after a year).